Dean, CSSTHE - Vacancy
Africa University, a Pan African, United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic positions:
DEAN – COLLEGE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, THEOLOGY, HUMANITIES AND EDUCATION
Reporting Directly to the Deputy Vice Chancellor, the Dean College of Social Sciences, Theology, Humanities and Education is an academic administrator of major importance to the University.
Applicants should have the following attributes:
- An earned doctorate degree in a relevant discipline including Social Sciences, Humanities, and Education
- At least 5 years experience in a university management position, eg. Chair of Department or Director of Programme
- A track record of teaching, research, publication with distinctive experience in leadership and administration in a university
- A broad knowledge of the College’s diverse disciplines including education, theology, music, history, modern language, sociology, psychology and environmental studies.
- Clear vision of online education for the College
- Sensitivity and commitment to living in an international and multicultural environment
- Commitment to the maintenance of high standards of ethical behaviour among staff and students.
- Should have experience in writing grant proposals and managing grants from donors
- A clear leadership vision and strategic plan for development of new programs as well as evaluating academic programs and curriculum;
- Demonstrated ability to provide oversight and support for national and continental wide student recruitment and retention activities;
- Responsible for generating the direction for the College by developing long term objectives and strategies to boost student numbers and to ensure sustainability of College
- Ensuring that appropriate systems to support strategic objectives are developed and implemented through formulation of budgets, resource allocation and income generation.
- Developing strategic professional relationships and partnership at all levels within the organization and externally with appropriate stakeholders, ensure strong mutual beneficiary relationships.
- Integrating technology into learning within the College
- Overseeing the development of new programmes, course curricula and reviews when necessary
- Developing long term staff plans taking into account retirements, professional development of College members and recruitment of new staff and ensures that timeous performance reviews and feedback is given to all staff in College.
- Assisting in developing and reviewing overall university academic policies
- Allocating teaching load to qualified teaching staff within the College and where necessary recommendations for the appointment of part time staff
- Encouraging improvement in teaching, research and community service and professional development among all members of the College
- Ensuring that College is involved in community outreach and pursuit of profitable partnerships
- Operating as a member of various university committees including Senate
Applications together with six (6) copies (applies if application is in hard copy format) of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 30 September 2017