Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic position:
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR-ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Reports to the Registrar and ensures that the recruitment, admissions, registration and examinations of the University are well run. In addition, the role plays a critical role in managing student records, planning academic events and processing certificates and transcripts
Applicants should have the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Education Management
- Master’s degree in the relevant discipline
- Should have at least 8 years of relevant experience in a Tertiary Education Institution, of which 5 must be in a Senior Administrative position
- Supervision of the Academic Affairs Unit is a prerequisite.
- Experience in Management and coordination of University academic ceremonies (graduation, matriculation)
- Should be proficient in Administration (University Academic calendar)
- Manages the recruitment and admission of students to ensure that it is done effectively to ensure it meets client satisfaction.
- Providing leadership in developing ae student recruitment management strategy
- Ensures that examinations management is done effectively to maintain the integrity of the process and the reputation of the institution.
- Supervising junior staff to ensure that students and alumni records are created, maintained and stored securely.
- Chairs the Academic Ceremonies and Serves as the Master of Ceremonies
- Prepares draft amendments to policies, rules and regulations for review by the Registrar
- Advises Senate on academic regulations which assist in decision making.
- Evaluates performance of subordinate staff in the unit.
- Decides on Admissibility of students
- Ensure accuracy and authenticity of students’ results, transcripts and certificates.
Applications together with six (6) copies (If application is in hard copy format) of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 15 April 2018NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.