Africa University, an International Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following position:
FLEET AND FACILITIES MANAGER
Reporting to the Registrar, the main purpose of the job is to ensure that the University has a fleet that is functional and serviceable to meet all transport needs of the University community. In addition the Fleet and Facilities Manager is responsible for supervising contractors on repairs, renovations and building projects and preparing a scheduled maintenance plan for building.
Applicants should have the following attributes:
- An earned B. Sc. Degree in Civil Engineering, Real Estate, Administration or equivalent. Diploma in Project Management is an added advantage
- Should have experience in managing fleet and construction work
- At least 5 years experience in water, waste disposal, roads and building maintenance and construction. At least 2 years at managerial position and distinct ability to work independently with minimum supervision a requisite virtue and attribute.
- Must have a clean class four Driver’s License
- Should have proficiency in MS Office including Excel
- Sensitivity and commitment to maintain high standards and service provision.
- Formulating and Managing the budgets and controls actual expenditure in line with the budgets
- Developing a fleet master plan and maintenance of the university fleet and equipment including repair and replacement of fleet and equipment
- Developing facilities master plan including facilities management programs, maintenance and repairs, renovation, contract services administration and energy management.
- Coordinating all engineering projects and ensuring that all work is completed according to time and budget schedules
- Performing all administrative tasks including but not limited to approval of leave,discipline,reports and performance management
- Establishing and implementing emergency and safety policies and procedures for building operations and usage
- Responsible for physical planning, engineering designs and construction development of the University.
- Liaises with external organizations and experts on issues related to the physical development of the University.
- Responsible for general maintenance of University infrastructure –water supply, waste disposal, access roads and buildings.
- Ensures that sporting and recreation facilities and landscaping of the University grounds is well maintained.
- Advises the University on engineering and technical issues.
- Serves in a number of University wide committees where expertise and leadership is required.
Applications together with six (6) copies (applies if application is in hard copy format) of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar- Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:[email protected]
The closing date for applications is 15 April 2018NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.