Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic position:
SENIOR LECTURER /PROFESSOR THE JAMES WALKER CHAIR OF PASTORAL CARE AND COUNSELLING
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Dean of the College of Social Sciences, Theology, Humanities and Education and will offer instruction in Pastoral Care and Counselling and should be able to teach in at least one other area of Practical Theology.
Applicants should have the following qualifications and attributes:
- A PhD in Pastoral Care and Counselling;
- Be able to teach Clinical Pastoral Education;
- Be able to teach in English; the ability to read and speak either French or Portuguese would be an added advantage;
- Be competent to teach at undergraduate and graduate levels with particular attention to the African context.
- Must have experience developing and teaching courses online.
- Be able to work in the ecumenical spirit of the College while respecting the history and tradition of the United Methodist Church;
- Be able to demonstrate achievements and/or potential in instruction, scholarship, research and publication;
- And should have pastoral experience.
- Developing and teaching courses in several of the degree programs of the Institute and College
- Teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels with particular attention to Pastoral Care and Counselling in the African context;
- Participate in curriculum review of current programmes and develop new programmes;
- Participate in all University activities as a member of the College of Social Sciences, Theology, Humanities and Education.
- Conduct cutting edge research in the area of Theology, Pastoral Care and Counselling and publish the findings.
- Organize academic workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Engage in frontier research in the field.
- Produce published scholarship to enhance the visibility of the College and the University.
- Participate occasionally in chapel services and other campus events as requested by the Chaplain
- Participate in various student life committees as requested by The Dean of Students
Applications together with six (6) copies (applies if application is in hard copy format) of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar- Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:[email protected]
*NB: The closing date for applications is 15 April 2018
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.