Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic position:
CHAIR OF AGRIBUSINESS: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL SCIENCES
The Endowed Chair position in Agribusiness was established to preserve the excellence of Africa University's Agribusiness programs, to attract prestigious professors to the College of Health Agriculture and Natural Sciences, and to facilitate cutting-edge and innovative research that leads to technological solutions and enterprise development in agriculture.
Working with the Dean of the College of Social Sciences, Theology, Humanities and Education and Head of department will function as part of an interdisciplinary academic team and will be expected to provide academic leadership.
Applicants should have the following qualifications and attributes:
- PhD in Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness/Business or closely related field;
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at undergraduate and graduate level;
- Proven experience in building alliances and partnerships across the school/college, university, and beyond with the business community and other stakeholders;
- Strong record of cutting-edge research and publication that provides solutions to major challenges in the discipline and on the African continent.
- Demonstrated experience in writing successful grants.
- Be an internationally recognized authority in Agribusiness;
- Proven ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams and multicultural environment;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; and
- Knowledge of and experience in agribusiness management in the private sector is an added advantage
The Agribusiness Chair is expected to:
- conduct cutting edge research in Agribusiness and publish in leading international refereed journals;
- Provide leadership in grant writing for agribusiness projects in the department.
- participate in collaborative interdisciplinary research within the College and across the University;
- teach Agribusiness and related courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels up to PhD level;
- supervise undergraduate projects, and Masters and PhD thesis in the department;
- develop vibrant agribusiness outreach programs
- develop collaborative programs, projects and ventures with the farming and agribusiness community;
- participate in committees and governance structures of the Department, College and University;
- provide leadership in curriculum review of current programmes and development of new programmes;
- take a leading role in resource mobilization through grant writing for research and innovative projects;
- provide leadership in establishing strategic partnerships with other institutions locally, regionally and abroad for the growth and development of the Department and College; and
- provide leadership in advanced online education.
Applications together with six (6) copies (applies if application is in hard copy format) of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 15 April 2018
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.